As a Help Desk Specialist at Channel Bakers you will provide I.T support to end users and will be accountable for ensuring the continuity of computer systems and work stations to internal employees by providing technical expertise, assistance and project coordination necessary to install computer software products, modify/repair hardware and resolve technical problems with minimal downtime.
Most of the work will be performed on site in and office environment, however, the HelpDesk Specialist will be “on call” for local user support and work overtime as required. The Help Desk Specialist will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems and determine the best solution. They will proactively solve problems, keep systems running, and maintain functionality of services. A commitment to excellent customer service will be demonstrated by being purpose driven, providing personalized support and executing with tenacity.
Successful candidates will enjoy customer service oriented support, possess knowledge across a wide range of technical topics and thrive on finding solutions to technical issues in a fast-paced environment. Must be self-motivated, possess a sense of urgency and demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- This job operates in an office environment which routinely uses standard office equipment.
- The employee is required to stand, walk, bend, uses hand to handle, or feel objects, or tools, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs on a regular basis.
- 2+ years related I.T experience and/or training.
- Bachelors or associate degree in Computer Science desired.
- Excellent organizational skills and customer service skills with the ability to work with a diverse user base.
What you’ll be doing on a daily basis
- Assure continuity of Windows, Macintosh, tablets and mobile devices for all employees.
Perform research on software products and applicability to the organization’s environment and goals.
- Ensure I.T issues are resolved in a timely manner with minimal downtime.
Install approved software and hardware products.
- Repair hardware as necessary and work closely with service vendors to ensure continuity of service.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to users.
- Setup, configure, maintain and troubleshoot networking equipment, photo copiers, printers, scanners, security system, and more.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.